You’ll no doubt already know that massage is a tried and tested route to deep relaxation, but there’s so much more to it than that — much that is increasingly borne out by independent medical research.
Among the known benefits of massage are…
- improved blood circulation
- higher oxygen uptake
- enhanced lymphatic system circulation, allowing for better disposal of toxins
- restored joint mobility and flexibility
- diminished aches and pain
- increased endorphin release — the ‘feel good’ hormone!
- decreased stress, anxiety and depression, especially when associated with eating disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, and chronic fatigue syndrome (ME)
At the Wells Clinic, we harness the power of massage through a mix of techniques we tailor to meet your specific needs. In general these fall under two headings:
We’ll use hot stone therapy to iron out all those niggles and thoroughly de-stress you, from head to toe. More…
You’ll still go home feeling beautifully relaxed, but here we treat a wide range of musculoskeletal and other conditions, using clinical massage techniques including hot stone therapy, trigger point therapy, myofascial release, soft tissue release, and hydrotherapy. More…